Monday 19 November 2012

We Are Metal Heads! / Fashion Series Magazine + Dylan Dias!

Our good friends over at Fashion Series Magazine continue to produce quality coverage and tasteful publications of rich, Canadian talent every month! Providing readers with an actual, true insight into the industry; Fashion Series is devoted to the bustling and vibrant growing community of Toronto-centric Fashion Talent - from models to moguls in almost every field. Real interviews, real words, and real representation; and not to mention some fabulous Fashion! I am an enormous believer in providing strong support for local talent - in other words, I love this magazine. What they stand for is what I stand for, and I hope together we can elevate the real, local talent that bubbles in this great city of ours.  

If you remember, we recently participated in an Editorial for Frugal Fashion Week this Summer (Le POP!) and were lucky enough to have our spread featured in Fashion Series Volume 3 / URBAN! An exciting treat for us as well as our entire team. And now, to take it just one step further, I was privileged enough to also be featured this month in Fashion Series Volume 6 / EDGE! I not only had my latest Editorial, Metal Head, featured in the iconic magazine, but I was also interviewed as their featured Hairstylist of the Month!


I put together a fantastic team of some of the best people I know. Young, fresh, and full of ideas; we collaborated to create a brooding and sophisticated approach to hair, metal, and darkness in our production, Metal Head. The spread was published in Fashion Series along with an in-depth conversation (with yours truly!) discussing the correlation of hair, beauty, fashion, and Toronto! Click Here to view the Magazine and read my interview online (and to also see some of the other amazing artist features) and view our spread, Metal Head, below!

Photography / Alyssa Wodabeck assisted by Paula Visco
Wardrobe / Michelle Baboolall of Homegrown Boutique
Makeup / Tiffany Encina
Hair / Dylan Dias
Featuring Charmaine San Pedro (Velocci) + Cy Speckeen









I am deeply appreciative and so privileged to be featured in Fashion Series. It was an honour not only to create a spread for them with some amazingly creative and wonderful people, but to simply be an active part of the creative fabric of Toronto. We have incredible people here, I am thrilled to be able to work with so many of them. Thank you Fashion Series, and everyone involved, thank you for all you've given me and Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insta-Dylan / @TheDylanDias

Readers

Search Designers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Dylan Dias