Wednesday 11 July 2012

Frugal Fashion Week + Dylan Dias = Le POP!

It's finally happening! Yes, I know I've been a bit quiet about the new things that I've been planning, and I know it's been a long time coming...but I just wanted to be sure it was the right time to announce it. And it is, finally! So pay attention, it'll be hard to contain the awesome.


I've recently partnered with Frugal Fashion Week after being contacted by founder Gillian Downes (who, by the way, is such a sweetheart) to help curate an art and fashion show in the city. Together, we've created a fantastic, inspiring, and powerful showcase of local artists in an effort to encourage, support, and expose Toronto fashion talent! Designers from every corner of the city; some you've probably heard of, some you never have; all under one roof for one day only - exhibiting one-of-a-kind pieces in a Pop-Up Shop!

Le POP! will be taking place on Saturday, July 28th from 11:00am - 4:00pm at West Queen West's chic and hip Nyood Bar. We will be a hosting a special brunch for guests who'd like to come by, enjoy a mimosa and a delicious breakfast, as well as peruse the designer collections! The brunch is ticketed and purchase details can be found here. However, the Pop-Up shop in itself is FREE and OPEN to the PUBLIC. So please, if you're in the area, come out and support some of Toronto's newest and best design talent. They are all so wonderful, they deserve it.


I've said time and time again that Toronto, as a city, is a hub of artistic potential. I see so much inspiration walking through and then beyond these streets - there is so much talent here. The problem is Toronto as a business sector, when it comes to fashion, has much further to go. The market isn't alive, and as a result, many of Toronto's greatest artists end up unrecognized and unsupported from distributors who have real influence in this city. It's not that it isn't there, it's that it has nowhere to go. Le POP! is a small exhibition of real talent, yes, but the reason I signed on to this project to begin with is because it's doing something that I believe in. Local artists are an integral part of the cultural fabric of this city, and I will always try my best to support the ones I know have it.

This year? Oh, it's just too fabulous. Killigrew, Dutch Blonde, Sheri STRanger, Emily Woudenberg...just to name a few. And did I mention I will be showing as well? That's right, the Dylan Dias empire is expanding! Don't hate! I'm releasing a collection of fabulous silk-printed scarves during Le POP! They are colourful, bold, energetic, and perfect for the season! And they are all designed and finished by me. Want a piece? Pop on by!


D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insta-Dylan / @TheDylanDias

Readers

Search Designers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Dylan Dias